Thursday, April 14, 2011

Deal With the Devil


The vending machines at BYU have a dirty little secret.


Imagine you're in the mood for a treat.

You could get a package of M&M's for $0.90.

You could get a package of Swedish Fish for $1.25.

Or...

You could buy a package of two (count 'em - two, two-) Grandma's soft baked cookies for $0.50.


Seriously? So cheap. I feel like I'm stealing every time I buy them. But I also feel like I should hoard them, because maybe they're priced wrong and one of these days the vending machine restocking guy is going to notice and change the price to reflect what they're worth. Like $0.85.


Besides the fact that I'm obviously stealing from a Mormon school and that is surely against the honor code, I wonder how they manage to sell them so cheap. I've done a little research and here's what these cookies cost in other locations:


1) A gas station. $.075

2) Amazon.com $0.53 (If you buy a 36 pack.)

3) University of Utah vending machine $1.00.


After gathering the necessary data for this research, I've come to the conclusion that Satan is supplying the soft baked Grandma's Cookies to BYU. That also means that I don't have to feel guilty, because it's not a sin to steal from the devil. He probably deserves it.


4 comments:

  1. i once had a serious love affair with the chocolate chocolate chip variety. but i could no longer justify going into debt to feed the addiction. i just KNEW ole' BYU was good for something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Maybe they are at a reduced price because they are the 'day old cookies'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if your gonna get into stealing anything, it might as well be sweeties. That would be the only thing worth stealing in my opinion.

    Jamee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete