"There’s been a retreat from marriage going on for awhile now," says Bradford Wilcox, director of the National Marriage Project at the University of Virginia. "The economic fallout from the Great Recession has made the retreat from marriage accelerate."
Really, Mr. Wilcox? Are you claiming causation on a correlational study? Have you considered that perhaps stable marriages and families HELP the ecomony? So the current of influence (between the decrease in marriage and the down economy) may actually run in the opposite direction from what you implied?
Just a thought.
(Quote taken from this MSNBC news report. http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/13/9425241-where-is-mr-or-mrs-right-matrimony-suffers-slump-report-shows)
Dr. Bean... or soon to be Dr. Bean...
ReplyDeleteYou are already speaking (and or maybe I should say writing) as if you really are a Dr... please inform me of future publications.
Respectfully Yours,
Heather S. Pretlow, CRT
(Or however it is to be written & more)
Sarah- I have found you at long last although it may be too late....the blog may be dormant. Nevertheless...I am happy to see of your marriage of which I had caught word of and offer my happiest 'YAHOO!' for you and Robbie. I know it has been a very very long time since I have talked with you (probs 2 years since a visit in AZ) but I do think of your well being frequently.
ReplyDeleteAnd marriage, a good one at that, is a cure for a good lot of societal ills.
Nanc! I'm glad you found me. Although it looks like a dormant blog, I just am too busy to ever update it. I saw you briefly at Gpa Rasmussen's funeral last year, but yes, it has been a while since we've had a nice good chat.
Delete