Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Like taking candy from a old lady...uh...baby.



Estate Sales! Oh boy, I love them. I love them in a creepy treasure-hunt kind of way. You wander (read: pillage) through some dead person's house and buy their old stuff. Could be books, furniture, or night gowns. You really never know what you're going to find.

Recently, I purchased this beautiful wood dining set and buffet from an estate sale up the street.

To take it home, we needed to take out the leaves to make it as small as possible. When you take out all the leaves, it transforms into a circular table. Cute, huh. This is where we ran into trouble with the relatives of the estate sale.

One woman in her twenties exclaimed, "It's a round table??? I didn't know it was round. I've been looking for a round table."

I stopped in my tracks. I had already fallen in love with this table. Were they going to take it back? Were they going to be indian givers*? (*Not PC, but what do you call it these days? NBC-ers? - I'm a Conan fan-)

Robbie didn't skip a beat loading our table into the car, all the while this relative kept whining,
"I didn't know it was round. I would have kept it if I had known. Mom, you knew I was looking for a round table!"

I have a terrible case of niceness. I sat there wondering if we should give the table back. After all, it should stay in the family, right? Apparently, it didn't phase Robbie, because he got the table loaded in the car and away we went. "I love our new round table," he beamed.

3 comments:

  1. my house makes this furniture look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd come steal that round table from you if i could. let's date soon. you know what i mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right. This bloggity blog did tide me over for a bit.

    It also made me feel like seeing you in person.

    And seeing picutres of you made me feel fat.

    You're too dang hot lady!

    Jamee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete