
I've been asking Santa for a shark ever since I can remember. I remember sitting on Santa's lap one year and telling him I would like a shark for christmas.
"A toy shark?" The fat man asked.
"No. A real shark." I resolutely responded.
On December 23, 2009, I recieved the greatest gift of all time. Robbie got me a shark. No gift will top that. Ever. The shark's name: Croix. I was her adoptive mother for a whole year. Best year of my life. Now that my year of being an adoptive mother is over, I thought I would take some time to reflect on what I've learned.
1) I learned that Robbie need not ever get me another gift, because I'm totally satisfied for life. (Unless of course, the gift was shark diving to meet Croix.)
2) I learned that my sis is harsh mixed with sweet with a dash of humble. (Apparently I should have been able to track Croix online as she swam in around Guadalupe Island, but the website never updated her tracking info. This led to a huge debate between Karin and I about if Croix was actually still alive or not and her feeling bad. See convo below.)
3) I also learned that Santa is not real.
Rest in peace, whether in this life or the next, my dear Croix.
If you would like to learn more about Croix and her friends and how you can adopt your very own shark, visit Croix's Page.
Um, SANTA IS NOT REAL?!?!?!??!?!? What?!
ReplyDelete