I was semi against electronic books because I like turning pages, highlighting, and making notes on paper. I was finally sold on it because you can read pdf (oh, how I read millions of these for school!) and word documents and underline, highlight, and make notes! Sony* ereader, ftw!
My dilemma now is about etextbooks. Many textbooks are available in an electronic format and I only assume that this trend will continue until ALL textbooks are available. The overwhelming "pro" for etextbooks is that you don't have to haul a huge textbook around. Also, that you're saving the environment, or whatever. The "con" is that even if it costs a little bit less, you can't resell it. I can usually get 50-70% of the cost of my textbook back by reselling it (which, I might add, also counts as being environmentally friendly).
So is it worth it to save my (aching) back and planet earth with an ebook, or save money and the planet (kind of) by reselling a print copy?
*I chose Sony over Kindle, because when you buy an Amazon book for Kindle, it is not compatible with other ereaders. This exclusivity bums me out. I'm turned off by iTunes for similar reasons.
No comments:
Post a Comment