Making yogurt yesterday went much better than making mozzarella that one time. It helped that my mom-in-law is an expert and she walked me through it (Well, she pretty much did it and I watched. Until it got too late and I went to bed while she finished. Thanks, mom!).
Yogurt a la Mom-In-Law
1 gallon milk
1/2 cup sugar (or less if you like tart yogurt)
1/2 cup pwd milk
Heat SLOWLY on stove to 180 degrees.
(This should take at least an hour, so make sure
it's on a low/medium heat setting.)
Remove from heat, cool to 110 degrees, then add:
8 oz "live" yogurt
Vanilla
Pour into mason jars. Affix lids. Put in oven with
only the oven light on for 8 hours.
(Do not turn on the oven.)
Remove from oven and refrigerate.
I love making yogurt...well, I love HAVING homemade yogurt. I will have to try it again sometime...
ReplyDeleteJamee
xoxo
p.s. come see us soon.
ReplyDelete